Wednesday, February 22, 2012

40 Days and 40 Blogs

I've never followed the practice of giving things up for Lent, but doing so can be a wonderful reminder of the journey to the cross and the sacrifice Christ made for us. Think going 40 days without chocolate or red meat is hard? Imagine enduring beatings, mocking, and ultimately death on the cross.

The challenge I have set for myself at the beginning of this Lenten season is a two-parter.
  1. Blog each day throughout Lent. Traditionally, Sundays are not counted in the 40 days of Lent because they are a joyous preview of Easter. I will skip Sundays as well to keep my posts at 40. :)
  2. My roommate and I are taking on a rigorous body overhaul challenge; cutting out carbonated beverages, processed food, and junk in general, and incorporating exercise each day. I will get more into this as I start posting. 
Enjoy your Wednesday, everyone! Talk to you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment