Thursday, February 9, 2012

Peanut Butter Blossoms

I will blog more consistently. I *will* blog more consistently. I WILL blog more consistently!! It's been a while, but I have achieved what I consider a personal victory, so I am excited to share it with you.

One of my favorite holiday traditions when I was younger was frosting Christmas cookies with my grandma. Weeks before Christmas she would get started. She made quite an assortment; from cut-out sugar cookies to church windows and everything in between. But my favorite--the ones my dad and I always hoarded for ourselves--were "the ones with the kisses in the middle".

With Valentine's Day coming up, I was brainstorming some things to put in a package to send Justin (and I'll admit...I had a craving) and decided to whip some up. Cooking and baking are not among my greatest skills but I was excited to give it a go.

1/2 c sugar
1 3/4 c flour **I used whole wheat flour and ended up adding a little bit more
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c butter
1/2 c peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

After the dough is mixed, roll into balls, then roll in granulated sugar. Bake at 375 for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and press unwrapped Hershey Kiss in the center. Return to oven for 2-3 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment