Friday, March 30, 2012

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Well, my dears, what a month it has been. So much has been happening that I will shamefully admit that I have not given much thought to my poor old blog.

Roughly three weeks ago my dad had a major surgery. Just shy of two weeks ago I was picking my long distance fiance up from the airport for a visit. Last week I was more or less on my own in the classroom running around like a chicken with my head cut-off while my co-teacher was gone.

But today, friends, on this glorious Friday morning I am sitting in the heart of the Orlando airport preparing for my long-awaited journey home for Spring break. Having been here since the wee hours of the morning (or the middle of the night, depending on how you view it) I have been buzzing around from place to place waiting for my gate to be announced.

At long last I have planted myself between two gates gazing out the window as the sun creeps up over the jet bridges and some feathered friends flit about in a little pond surrounded by palms. While trying to keep myself awake I have found myself daydreaming about what I will do to fill my days at home. My camera is loaded up with ammunition for a week's worth of blogging amidst the hustle and bustle of wedding plans and catching up with family.

I look forward to kick-starting my blog again while I share my vacation with you. I hope you all enjoy your Friday as much as I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment