Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Puffy Hat

I know, I know, it's the middle of summer. A ridiculously hot summer. But how cute is this hat?
 Now that we're settled in our place and J has started work I've gone a little project crazy. All I was trying to do was go through my yarn stash, and a few hours later this hat was born! 
I used a Bernat yarn, "Faded Khaki" from the denimstyle collection, a 5mm crochet hook, and an awesome youtube tutorial (here)! 

I deviated from the pattern by adding a couple more rows to make it longer, and kind of did my own thing on the band.

I am by no means a crochet expert and am not ashamed that this took me hours. I ripped it apart and started over as many times as I hit "replay" and re-watched that video, but here it is and I am proud! 


No comments:

Post a Comment