Monday, August 13, 2012

DIY Yoga Mat Bag

If you're into crafting, check out Pickles. They have a ton of great patterns, including the one I used for this bag!


For this bag I used Caron Worsted Weight (a one pound skein...didn't use much at all) yarn in White and Peaches & Cream (about half of the skein..more of the pink because I used it for the strap) yarn in Bright Lime and Bright Pink. For the bag itself I used an H/5 MM crochet hook and for the string I used a pair of 6 MM knitting needles.

The bag is pretty much one giant granny square, and the strap is an i cord (here is the tutorial I used). Let me tell you I am not a knitter. I started the cord Friday night thinking hoping I would have this post up by Saturday. But when I got to the point where I wanted to toss it out the window and snap the needles in half I thought I'd give it a rest. Once I got the hang of it, it did get quite a bit easier.


I'm so proud of this bag and can't wait to take it to yoga!!

3 comments:

  1. Very cool project. I am afraid I am not crafty at all.
    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! My mom actually makes crochet bags, mug warmers, throw blankets, etc and she sells them on Etsy.com you should totally sell some online, i bet you'd make a killing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag is pretty much one giant granny square, and the strap is an i cord, The Mandala Cotton Yoga Mat Bags is big enough to fit most Pilates mats as well as yoga mats.

    ReplyDelete