Sunday, September 30, 2012

Couple-y Cooking Project

One night before we had started dating, J wandered through the frozen tundra that was our campus to teach me how to make Oreo truffles (future post??) in my dorm kitchen.  In the three Thanksgivings we have been together we have spent the Wednesday before baking all of the pies for his family get together.  As you know, cooking is not my strong suit, but J and I make a great team.  He whips up delicious masterpieces and I push Preheat on the oven.

Today we tackled pumpkin spice bread. 
Note: This KitchenAid stand mixer was the best wedding present ever!
  3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 lightly beaten eggs
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
Mix this well

3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp allspice
Mix, and add to pumpkin mixture beating well.

Bake for about an hour in two 9x5x13 in. loaf pans at 350. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before you take it out of the pan.


If you're feeling frosty and let's face it, what's pumpkin bread without some cream cheese frosting?, mix up 1 block of cream cheese
1 stick of butter
1 tbsp 
2 cups sifted powdered sugar.

Happy fall, y'all!
xo Steph

3 comments:

  1. I need to try this since my past efforts were awful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin ANYTHING is my favorite...and I LOVE pumpkin bread!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. banana bread is my fav but I really like to try pumpkin spice bread! this looks delicious!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete