Wednesday, September 12, 2012

If you really knew me...

I saw a couple of these posts floating around and have wanted to do one for a while. Life is not perfect. It's not always a snappy title on a colorful blog page about the cutest clothes for fall, and I think it's important to share what's real every once in a while. 

If you really know me, you'd know...
I am a compulsive worrier. There is hardly a moment when I am not stressing about something I could or should have done differently. I get lost in worst case scenarios in my head and can't get out. Resulting in crabiness and distraction.
http://greenermums.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/worrying.jpg?w=580
I need to frame this quote above my bed. Or tattoo it on my body.

I'm incredibly insecure. I am a chronic people pleaser and am constantly stressing that I'm not being or doing enough. Obsessing over making people happy makes worries run rampant.

 I am a mama's girl. Sometimes I get really jealous that we live so close to J's parents and mine are so far away. It's hard to look back on all of those crappy stupid arguments we had and realize they are wasted moments. My mom is the greatest. 

 "In Christ alone my hope is found. He is my light, my strength, my song". I have this tattooed on my foot. In music form. My dad and I went to get tattoos together a few years ago. This phrase means a lot to me, and I love having it as a constant reminder. I also love music. And the memory of going to get inked with my dad is one I'll never forget.
 Well, there's a little insight to my life outside of the blog.Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

xo Steph

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I FEEL ya my codependent friend! Meeeee too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tattoo! I'm a big fan of music-related tattoos and ones that are super meaningful like that one are even better!

    ReplyDelete