Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Social; Book Style

Linking up again for Sunday Social. All about books this week!
Sunday Social
1. Favorite childhood book: I really liked the Nancy Drew books. My grandma would read them too me until I was able to read them myself. Even then we read them together quite a bit.
2. Favorite book lately: Well, my favorite book has been The Outsiders since middle school. But something I've been reading lately that I really like is the Percy Jackson series.
3. Book you wish you could live in: I'm sure this is not going to be a very unique answer, but I have to say Harry Potter. Getting that letter in the mail on your eleventh birthday, going to school in a castle, using a wand, apparating? Sign me up.
4. If you could be any character from a book who would it be and why? Claire Randall (Fraser) from the Outlander series. This chick gets tossed back to 18th century Scotland where she meets and marries a rugged, red-headed Scottish lad and tries to change the course of history. I love these books.
5. Favorite book that was turned into a movie? This is a tough one. I really liked the first Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movie. I loved all of the books, but I thought the second movie super sucked.
6. Favorite magazines? I don't read many magazines. Except for Cosmo occasionally and tabloids in line at the grocery store. I'm partial to People and US Weekly. :)


 I think a blanket and a book will be the perfect companions this cold, rainy Sunday. I hope you all enjoyed your weekend!
xo Steph

11 comments:

  1. Good morning Steph! I found you at the Sunday Social Blog Hop, I liked your blog a lot so now I'm following you ^^
    Hope you get a chance to visit my blog too and take a look around.
    Have a great Sunday! xx
    n o i r e d a m e

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about Nancy Drew! Those were fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they were! I still have them on my bookshelf...I might have to revisit them. :p

      Delete
  3. Hi from the link up!

    I never read the Sisterhood of the Traveling pants - but I am in love with the movie! The first one was amazing. I think they should make other ones. Happy Sunday!

    xo, Heather

    Heatherfrostx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!
      I really liked the first movie. But the second movie was a weird mashup of the second, third, and fourth books. Still good, but pretty different.

      Happy Sunday to you too!

      Delete
  4. I was also a fan of Nancy Drew. She was quite the little detective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I always thought it would be so cool to solve mysteries like her. :p

      Delete
  5. I liked the Sisterhood books, but wasn't crazy over the movies, though I LOVE Alexis Bledel.
    I really think I need to read the Outlander books. I love time travel books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend them. The first one took me a while to get into, but they're so good!

      Delete
  6. Nancy Drew....loved everything about those books!! I even have a Nancy Drew cookbook!
    I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.
    happy week!

    ReplyDelete