Monday, November 12, 2012

Dear 16 Year Old Me...

If you haven't guessed from the title, today is about things I would tell my 16 year old self. Here are ten.

Dear 16 year old Steph.....

 Put. The soda. Down. You are creating quite the pop-belly that will come back to haunt you as you work your ass off for that wedding dress. 

Yeah, I said wedding dress. Stop painting your nails black and writing little sad journals about being single. You and the man of your dreams had a beautiful wedding. He's worth the wait.

Speaking of guys, the one you took to Sadie Hawkins...the one you daydream about in algebra class? Gay.

Seven years later, Tiffany is still your best friend. You don't see each other often but every time you talk it's like no time has passed. 

Practice driving more. Maybe you wouldn't be such a whimp on the road. And wouldn't have failed your driving test. Twice.

You should have done more theater. By the time you realized you enjoyed it, you were a junior in college and time was limited.

Mom and dad are right. Always.

Latin elective? Really? What were you thinking?

As much as you think it sucks not being one of the "cool" kids, be glad. You have amazing friends and have done pretty well for yourself.

That beach where you were afraid to step into the ocean on choir tour? You end up living there. And teaching preschool. Not quite what you expected, eh? 

 

This was easier than I thought it was going to be. I guess I had a lot to say to my 16 year old self. Fun years, but I don't think I'd want to relive them. Were your high school years the best of your life?
xo Steph

1 comment:

  1. I think about doing this all the time, but I don't think I'm old enough yet. I haven't found the light on the other side of awkward young-adulthood yet!

    But hell no, high school was not the time of my life. It was...terrible to say the least and I'm so very glad that it's over. Although, I never painted my nails black until now! haha

    great post :)

    ReplyDelete