Sunday, November 11, 2012

Number Three

I'm already off by a day in this 30-day thing. So now we're on task number three. My relationship with my parents.

First off, no one in my family likes having their picture taken. Even Bailey. But these are my parents.

When it comes to mannerisms and personality, I am a carbon copy of my father. Our relationship has never been a mushy, sentimental one. We are both pretty shy, reserved and it freaks the hell out of us to be in front of people. Our conversations mostly consist of wise cracks and stupid jokes. I get a lot of my music appreciation from my dad and that's something we bond over. We used to play this game in the car where we would listen to just a few seconds of a song and see who could guess the song first. My mom was a sore loser.

My mom was pretty young when I was born and I'm an only child. Of course we fight sometimes, like every mother/daughter pair. We're both very stubborn and don't like to admit when we're wrong.  But I am a mama's girl for sure. My dad worked a lot of night shifts when I was young so my mom and I spent a lot of time together. My mom and I used to talk about just about everything, and still do. I remember my first big breakup-I was 19 and spending time with my parents over a summer vacation. I got dumped over the phone in the middle of the night- my mom was awake, and sat up on the couch with me just listening to me be upset for most of the night.

I love my parents to the moon and back. They are two of the most hardworking, awesome people I know. I haven't lived near them in several years and don't get to see them much apart from holidays and vacations; I miss them every day!

I was going to make this into a combo 30-day/Sunday social but this turned out a little longer than I expected so I won't put you through that :-) Happy Sunday!
xo Steph

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that you've been blessed with such a strong relationship with your parents! I never see my parents anymore because we live so far apart...but I'm really grateful for our close relationship!

    ReplyDelete