Saturday, December 8, 2012

Pet Peeves

Today's thirty things is comin atcha pet peeve style.

1. This.
 Are the five extra steps to the cart corral going to inconvenience you that much? 


2. Making a complete stop before a right turn in traffic. 
Unless there's a big red sign or light, you don't have to stop

3. People who don't cover their mouth when sneezing or coughing.
I don't want to wear your phlegm. Kthanks.

 4. Bad grammar. 
Including, but not limited to: double negatives, "I seen...",  and the classic your/you're conundrum.

5. Leaving things on. 
Our keurig turns off automatically which J takes as license to leave it on. If you're done using it, shut it off!! Before I leave my house I walk through every room to make sure everything is turned off. Stop judging.

6. Bluetooth phone headsets.
When you are walking through a public place talking to yourself at the top of your lungs, you kind of look like a big ol' douche.
7. Being late. 
I usually start getting ready and leave ridiculously early. It drives me nuts when I am going somewhere with someone else and they lollygag around and make us late. Even though to me, late means any less than 10 minutes early.

8.People chewing with their mouths open. 
Gross.

9. The sound of silverware scraping on a plate.
Seriously makes me cringe.

 10. Everything about public restrooms. Or dirty bathrooms in general.
Pee on the seat/floor, unflushed toilets, empty toilet paper and paper towel rolls, wet counters...

To avoid sounding like an old grouch listing things about the human race that annoy me, let me tell you about my pleasant Saturday afternoon! For the first time in weeks neither of us had anything to do or anywhere to be. So we spent the day cleaning. And yes, I do consider that to be pleasant (see #10). We went to the band concert at the school where J teaches this evening and picked up Chinese takeout on the way home. Now we're watching The Fast and the Furious and J is baking a cake. This guy is the greatest. 

I'd love to hear some of your pet peeves (it might make me feel a little less crazy)! 
xo Steph


4 comments:

  1. What is the deal with people leaving carts ALL OVER the parking lot? Especially Costco! I have never understood why people do that.

    I hate gum smacking while talking. Especially when it's older people that should know what they're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 and #6 are so true for me. I also want to add, people that sit there and do not bag their own groceries when their arms aren't broken and they don't have any other reason not to. Especially when the line is long. The poor cashier is going as quickly as she possible can. Why not help her out?

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steph! Hopped over from Cookies for Breakfast and am a new follower! I pretty much agree with you on ALL of these, except that I leave things on too. The hubs gets on me all the time for leaving lights on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that people actually said "I seen" anymore until I started as cosmetology school--now I hear it all the time! I'm not a huge stickler for grammar for other people because I've lived with non-native speakers for a good part of my life...but when you ARE a native speaker, there's a couple mistakes that there's simply no excuse for.

    ReplyDelete