Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pad Thai, Pictures, and Procrastinating.

Before I catch you up on the exciting events that made up my vacation I wanted to tell you about what I attempted cooked tonight. My parents got me a wok for Christmas and I couldn't wait to use it. I knew my girl Rachel Ray wouldn't let me down, so I used her Pad Thai recipe from Food Network. Unlike my sweet & sour chicken fiasco, this was a huge hit! And it looked pretty good in our cool new square bowls.
 



Well, here we are almost a week after New Year's and two weeks after Christmas, and I'm finally ready to recap. This was my first official Christmas with Justin's family and his first with mine. We got with his family the Saturday before Christmas and left for the Great Lakes state early Sunday morning. 
This little peanut was waiting for us when we arrived. 
 As is our usual tradition, we spent Christmas Eve with my mom's family and then went to church. After church when everyone had gone home J and I exchanged gifts with my parents. I was up at the butt crack of dawn Christmas morning (can you talk about butt cracks and Christmas morning in the same sentence?) because my parents needed help cleaning and cooking for my dad's family to come over. We exchanged gifts and stuffed our faces, then spent the rest of the day just enjoying each other's company. Don't these three studly men look like they're having a blast?
And then there was my internal alarm clock. Anybody else have this problem? For a whole glorious week I had no reason to set an alarm; I was free to party all night and sleep all day. But what time was I up? By 8:00. Every. Single. Day. Except for the morning after a bottle of homemade wine. Other than one painful day of professional family portraits we had time just to relax. Which means shopping, card playing, and drinks/apps with long lost friends and family. And what would a vacation be without some crocheting?
 Bailey obviously loves her new sweater, and I made these slippers for a friend on the car ride. We spent a pretty low-key New Year's Eve with some friends of my family having a game/drink night, and Tuesday morning we were back on the road bright and early! 

Getting back to school right away Wednesday was rough. Just about as rough as trying to get back into a blogging routine. Sorry I got a little long winded. I guess that's what happens when I keep all of these things stored up and don't blog them. One day I'll learn. 

xo Steph

3 comments:

  1. haha you're funny! I'm glad that you have some happy holidays! That doggy...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wok is so nice for stir-frying! Maybe one of these days I'll get one. And that internal alarm clock, I have it too. The vast majority of the time, I wake up automatically at 7, even if there's no reason to and even if I stayed up way too late the night before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that internal alarm clock...! The same thing happens to me. I can't sleep past 7:30-8 even on days off. On one hand, it's annoying. On the other hand, at least I'm not wasting the day...haha.

    ReplyDelete