Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Thirty Thangs

It's really exciting when a funny story from my day ties into what I was planning on posting about. I'm on number 15 of my 30 things and they're asking me if I were an animal, what would I be? 

I have a new student in my classroom. My introduction to her mother went something like this:

Me: Hi. I'm Stephanie. It's nice to meet you. 
Mom: Nice to meet you too. Stephanie, right? 
Me: ...yep.
Mom: Ok. That's good to know. Last night I asked *child* what her new teacher's name was. She said "Koala". 

 Uncanny resemblance, right? After this encounter, I decided to research this a little bit and found some similarities between myself and the koala. Such as...

  • The koala is not a bear. Neither am I. 
  • Much like the koala, I prefer to sleep during the day and eat party all night. 
  •  Koalas may look cute and cuddly but have very sharp teeth and claws. Watch out; I bite.
  • Koalas have a pear-shaped body to provide stability while sitting in trees. This must also be why I have a big ol' booty. 

 There you have it. If I were an animal, I would be a koala.
xo Steph

4 comments:

  1. Haha...that's hilarious. Stephanie/Koala totally sound alike, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely an easy mistake to make. :p

      Delete
  2. Koala is not a bear, neither am I....

    hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I love reading your blog and I gave you a Liebster Award http://mandaloves.wordpress.com/2013/01/10/my-first-blog-award-liebster/

    ReplyDelete