Saturday, February 16, 2013

Sunday Social; Love and Updates

You guys, I have not written, read, or opened a blog all week. This past week knocked me on my butt, big time. Before I left for work Monday morning my best friend called me with news that her dad passed away. It breaks my heart that I couldn't be there for the funeral. At school I sent three kids home sick over the course of the week and am fighting it off myself. I had a grand Valentine's Day plan to surprise J with, but it didn't turn out at all like I had hoped. 

I've decided my debut back into the blogging world would be Sunday Social, so here it is.

Sunday Social 
1. What is the best Valentine's Day you've ever had?
Despite the hot mess that it started out to be, I would have to say this year. I typed out a huge answer to this question telling you all about it. Then I realized a question below asks what I did this year. Just be patient.

2. What is the worst Valentine's Day you've ever had?
Last year; in Florida. Justin sent me a really sweet package of wonderful gifts, but I would have much preferred to be with him. 
 
3. What did you do for Valentine's this year?
 I had the afternoon off and was able to keep it a secret from J until I found out about Tiff's dad. Even though it wasn't a surprise, I was able to clean up the house, get a little dressed up and start dinner before J got home. We finished cooking together, ate dinner, and agreed that we would keep our phones and computers off for the night. We just relaxed and spent some time together. It was fantastic.
 
4. What is your best Valentine's idea if you're single?
I'm taking this to mean what to do on Valentine's if you aren't in a relationship. I think that Valentine's day is more about showing love to people you care about than about romance. Even if you don't have a significant other, you can still spend time with someone who is important to you and let them know what they mean to you.

5. What is your favorite Valentine's candy?
I don't really have a favorite. But I absolutely hate candy conversation hearts. I think they are disgusting and the sayings are stupid. 
 
6. Favorite Valentine's memory from your childhood?
When I was younger my grandma used to buy all of the grand kids Valentine's socks. I looked forward to them every February. 
 
That's all, Valentines. I hope you had a great week, and I look forward to being back to blogging! 
 
xo Steph 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment