Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Zumba & Thoughts

In a somewhat desperate attempt to get back into an exercise routine, I went to Zumba last night. Let me set the stage. 

There is a group at our church that gets together to do Zumba on Monday nights. This group was made up of women old enough to be my grandma, all the way down to a couple of 7 year old kids there with their moms. I chose a spot in the back, next to my pastor's wife. By the door. 

It didn't take long before my burning thighs were reminding me how out of shape I was. I'm also one of the least coordinated people in the world, so all of this hip-moving salsa business had me a little intimidated. I was standing near one woman though, who apparently was a Zumba pro. She donned a neon yellow spandex-y top and some rockin' baggy black sweats. This woman's jumping, jiving, and gyrating put everyone else in that gym to shame. I know this woman was channeling her inner diva.

However, I'm sure my dancing looked more like this.


 
Today I took my students sledding. On a "mountain" behind school. Of course I don't have snow pants so it didn't take long before my buns were frozen. They had a blast.

It was also pizza day at school. And one of the kids pooped on the toilet for the first time. That's a big deal, ok? Hearing "Miss Tephie, poopy on potty! Poopy on potty!" pretty much made my day.

To top it all off, Justin had a delicious dinner cooking when I walked in the door. It was a pretty awesome day. Now I'm off to enjoy this pasta deliciousness that my husband prepared. Good night.

xo Steph

2 comments:

  1. Zumba looks so fun! Even if I, too, would look like Napoleon on crack. ;) Oh, to look good in yellow spandex tops and black sweatpants...haha.

    And a big congrats to your kiddo for pooping on the potty for the first time!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try zumba, but haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete