Saturday, March 30, 2013

My Thoughts on Things

I haven't had any terribly exciting news in my life these days and I've kind of stunk up this blogging thing so I decided to share some things that have been on my mind lately.

Jello is disgusting. It looks pretty. It smells alright. I can't stand the texture. I served it to my students for snack on Thursday; watching it jiggle on the spoon and hearing them slurp it out of their fingers was almost enough to make me gag. 

Amaretto is delicious. After my jello filled work day I needed a drink. Justin offered to play bartender and mixed me up an amaretto sour. I feel like I have wasted my legal drinking years not drinking this stuff. 

Realtors have a freaking hard job. I guess that's some exciting news. Today we met with a realtor. She was looking through our "cart" of saved houses with us making a list of ones we could go see. She rattled off addresses and said "What did you think of that one?" Lady, we've looked at so many house pictures online they all look the same. Like I'm going to remember addresses! 

Spring is great.  Today it was almost 50 degrees outside and sunny all day. I could get used to this. But it's Wisconsin. So I won't. 

Long nails are overrated and will my hands ever get better? When it's cold and dry and wintery outside my hands get really super dry. I don't have a problem with dry skin anywhere else on my body, but when I wash my hands 353987209576 times a day they take a pretty  serious beating. By the end of this week they were cracked open and bleeding. I'm ready for a few days without soap and bleach and sanitizer. 
See my alligator skin on my hands? Gross. This is pretty tame, actually. But my nails look good!
 Also, I've been trying to grow out my nails. They look pretty good, but I want to rip them off all. the. time. Worth it? I don't know. 

Mark Schultz. Concerts are my favorite thing in the world. Mark Schultz is coming to a city near us and I'm going with one of my best friends. I can't wait!!

Those are my thoughts. Today we're having some friends over and I'm in charge of dessert while Justin makes dinner. I'll let you know what I come up with. Happy Easter, and have a wonderful weekend! 
xo Steph

2 comments:

  1. I have this problems, too, with my hands. Sometimes I just want to put them in a bowl with olive oil and stay that way for a day *wishful thinking*. Do you know amarettini?? They are absolutely yummy and perfect for coffee! Have fun house shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jello, to me, is only good when I'm sick. I never make it though. That disgusting skin it gets makes me gag.

    I watched a co-worker lick tuna (from a can) off her fingers a few weeks ago and I totally gagged. Neither here nor there, but that's what your jello observation reminded me of lol.

    ReplyDelete