Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Ex and the Mix Tape--The Conclusion

I listened to that mix cd almost the entire 12 hour ride home, hoping that the majesty of song would heal my hot mess of a relationship. And then there was this...
"Ideal Woman" by William Shatner. If this isn't romance, I don't know what is....

Anyway, by mid July we were hardly talking at all. Our phone calls usually consisted of me leaving a voicemail. Then he'd send me a facebook message saying he was busy when I called and didn't know when he would be able to call back. This went on until the end of August when he called me in the middle of the night to break up with me. 

A couple weeks later we were back at school. We said we'd try the "staying friends" thing. I suppose you can figure out how that went. It took him about two weeks to start seeing someone else and aside from the "exchange of stuff" we didn't acknowledge each others' existence.

Here's a little side story just for fun: One night I went out to dinner with a group of new friends (since obviously my old ones chose the enemy's side). The hostess was about to plop us into a table right next to Sir Ex and the woman on a very cozy date when one of the guys in the group pulled that hostess aside and said "This won't work. Can we sit somewhere else?" I'm married to that guy now.

I don't think I've talked to him at all since then. I congratulated him on his wedding (to the girl) and he congratulated on mine. His aunt and uncle go to our church and still feel the need to give me updates on him occasionally.

Get to the point, Steph. Well, recently I found the mix cd buried in the glove box of my car. I went through a dilemma about whether or not I could/should listen to it. I did, and it's actually really great. Except the William Shatner thing. There are some really good songs on it that I had forgotten about and some I don't remember listening to at all.

Pink Bullets by the Shins, Colorful by Rocco Deluca, Hey Julie by Fountains of Wayne... to name a few. I guess the moral of this story is that...well...I guess exes can have good taste in music too.

...yeah that's it.

xo Steph

1 comment:

  1. Gah, what a tool. Your husband sounds 1,000,000,000,000,000 times better. ;)

    ReplyDelete