Sunday, April 7, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

Wisconsin weather.
WEATHER  Y U SO BIPOLAR!!!
Friday: 55 degrees and sunny. Friday night/Saturday morning: Snow (Yes. Snow). Saturday: 40s and rain allllll day. Sunday: Sunny, mid 50s. Can we pick a season already??

 Aunt Flo.
What a jerk. I've felt like crap all day. I'm also an emotional train wreck. Today I tried putting on a pair of pants and they didn't fit; I cried for a good 10 minutes. Oh yeah. I'm also bloated. Then in the middle of a disagreement with Justin about the houses we looked at yesterday, I burst into tears. I'm not crazy. I think promise. 

House Hunting. 
This was really fun at first. Now that a realtor is involved and finances are being negotiated, it's turning into a hot mess. They're all starting to blend together (except of course the one house we've looked at that I could see us in...that Justin didn't like) and our ideas of the right house seem to be drifting apart.

Bridesmaids.
I'm a master procrastinator. Two of my good friends are getting married; one next month and one in June. Today I finally decided I had to go get these dresses ordered before I ran out of time. First of all, the lady who was helping me was named Hermione. Not a joke. She was able to find both dresses in the proper size and color in the store and at discount. She clearly possessed the magical powers that her name implied.

Crafty People.
I've written before about how bad my hands get when it's dry outside (and because I have a compulsive need to wash my hands all the time). By the end of this week they were especially bad and one of my coworkers noticed it. Today I saw her at a continuing ed class we are taking (more on this in the future) and she gave me these adorable little hand-made lotion bars!
All you do is rub it in your hands until it gets greasy and spread it around. It smells delicious and is all natural. You better believe I'm going to figure out how she did this and try it myself!

Duck Dynasty.
I've finally jumped on this bandwagon. My family loves this show and I could not understand what the fuss was all about. Until I watched it myself. I'm hooked. That's a fact, Jack.

xo Steph

2 comments:

  1. We've had maybe 1 or 2 days carrying the promise of real Spring weather....and then the next day, frost everywhere and 37 degrees for the high. basically, it still seems like winter to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) House hunting is a pain in the butt. Especially, like you said, once things get down and dirty with finances and such. But it is SO WORTH IT. It's like a temporary nightmare but once you're in a house that you own, you'll forget all about the headaches. :)

    2) I want to make lotion bars! Those are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete