Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Soul Searching and Stuff

Friday I had a job interview. I was so convinced that I needed a fresh start and when this job opening came along I thought it would be perfect. The interview went really well and I was offered a job.

And as soon as I got in my car I had a breakdown. Walking out of the building I knew I didn't want the job. Everything about the interview reminded me that I am not ready to quit teaching. I took the weekend to think about it, and finally got in touch with the company to turn down the offer. I guess I just needed to see what was out there to remind me where I need to be.

I have the most wonderful husband in the world. First of all because he puts up with and supports all of my crazy mind-changing and soul searching. Secondly because even after sitting through his school's graduation service Sunday afternoon, he took me to see my family.
Excuse the awful cell phone quality.
Spending time with my family is really important to me. I don't get to see them much and I don't know how many more times I will get to see my grandpa. Without hesitation, Justin agreed that we would drive 3.5 hours Sunday evening to meet them on their vacation. We had dinner and hung out with them Sunday night, then breakfast Monday morning and headed back home.

It was another weekend that was over far too quickly, but it was a very good weekend. And now we have a four day week (and today was a half day on top of that!).
xo Steph

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes it takes some exploration to figure out what you DON'T want to do, as much as what you DO want to do! There's no shame in that!!

    And what a sweet husband you have :) I love that he takes you to see your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you figure out what you'd like to do. I'm in the same position. I'm glad you got to see your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you for doing what feels right. Teaching is one of the most important professions out there!

    ReplyDelete