Friday, May 17, 2013

When I Went to Water Aerobics...

Well, here I am. I don't go in to work today until noon but instead of sleeping in like most normal people would, I let my coworker talk me in to a water aerobics class at 6:00 am. I went to a class once before, but it was a standing class in the shallow end and was not at 6:00 in the morning.

I love swimming. When I lived in Florida I took full advantage of the beautiful pool at our apartment complex. Unfortunately floating around and laying in the sun does not burn calories. The instructor of this class, I think her name was Satan, was determined to make us work.

We did laps, and kicking, and pushups on the wall. Then we did more laps, more pushups, and more laps with weights in our hands and no kicking. Then we climbed out of the water and sat on mats to do some ab work. As soon as I got out of the water I thought I was going to die. I seriously could not move. She walked up and down the rows shouting "OPPOSITE ELBOW, OPPOSITE KNEE..nice tattoo, by the way... Now MOVE!" Complimenting my tattoo did not make me hate her any less at that moment, believe me. We got back into the water and did laps with flippers and kick boards and finished with some stretches.

Now I'm sitting at home sipping on my green smoothie and resigning myself to the fact that I will not be able to lift up any kids at work today. Or raise my arms. Or sit on the floor with any hopes of getting up.




It is nice getting a workout done right away in the morning and I'm sure if I could move I would have a lot of energy. Happy weekend, everyone!
xo Steph

2 comments:

  1. Wow...water aerobics sounds like pure torture...good torture, I'm sure, but still...so much for a nice relaxing swim, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can swim, but I know I'm not a good swimmer or a strong swimmer--being in the water can really be tiring with all the resistance the water gives you--I don't think I'd be brave enough to take a class like that. Last time I swam was probably...2010...

    ReplyDelete