Monday, June 17, 2013

Birthday Treats and Muddy Feet


Today I was feeling extra adventurous. When we went outside, of course all of the kids gravitated to this giant puddle. I read recently in an article that it's good to try doing what you see your students doing in order to understand why they're doing it. So I tried it. 

It. Was. Awesome. We chased each other around in puddles, splashed, jumped, and got our feet stuck in mud. When it was time to go inside, I got a big bucket of soapy water and wash cloths and we all washed our feet and legs before we came inside. It was one of those spontaneous teaching/exploring/connecting with nature moments and it was one of my favorite parts of the whole day. Along with enjoying popsicles with the kids as a birthday treat.

Do you know what was not my favorite part of the day? I'll tell you. After zumba I went to Cherry Berry. I haven't been there in a long time and it's my freaking birthday so I figured I was kind of entitled. As I'm moving out of the way for the next customer, I grab a lid for my yogurt and spill the change part of my wallet all over freaking everything. Like...why does anyone even have this much change? I immediately bent down and started picking it up off the floor. Then think Hey. Maybe I shouldn't be crawling all over the floor while my wallet and my yogurt are up there unguarded. So I got up and there was another mountain of change on the counter. Then some lady comes to help me clean up. 

What is the protocol for picking up a strange person's money? Obviously I'm thankful she started to help me. But am I the only one who thinks it's weird for someone else to be scooping up my money? Anyway, home girl picked up about three pennies and tossed them on the counter and added to the freaking mountain

So that's my day in a nutshell. I think I'm going to finish it up with some episodes of Friends and call it a night. 
xo Steph

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling that if I saw someone drop a bunch of coins I would help them pick it up--I feel like it's almost an automatic reaction to pick up something that was dropped. That sounds like a pretty unusual and fun adventure, playing in the mud!

    ReplyDelete