Thursday, July 11, 2013

Home Improvement


[source] 
  Well, we're all moved in. Justin-the-Tool-Man-Taylor has been creating projects non stop. So far we've (and when I say "we" I mostly mean Justin) repainted the downstairs bathroom and living room, ripped out carpet, dug a fire pit, and are in the process of refinishing the hardwood floor we found underneath the living room carpet. 
Gray and yellow bathroom, shiny new floor
 So what have I been doing while Justin has been doing all of that? Cleaning. I'm not the tidiest person in the world but I hate dirt. Especially inside my house. Especially when it's someone else's. 

Maybe I have a problem. I scheduled our friends to help unload our moving truck an hour and a half after we could get into the house so that I could clean up first. My first task was the bathrooms. It was inevitable that sometime during the unloading process I would have to use the bathroom and there was no way I was putting my hiney on a strange toilet that I hadn't cleaned myself. I also knew that at the end of the day I would want to take a shower so I bleached those bad boys...yep, cleaned them both even though only one is usable

That's pretty normal, right? Well...the ripping apart and painting of the usable bathroom was one of the first things we did (we bought the paint the very first night we were in the house...J is a bit impulsive) so the shower was cleaned every day before I used it until the project was done. The thought of standing in a shower with paint chips, dust, and whatever other debris makes my skin crawl. In the words of Sheldon Cooper, I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.

Anyway, I've also been working, trying to finish an online class, prepping for visitors and getting ready for VBS (where I get to be the music leader!). Never a dull moment, I tell you.

  

2 comments:

  1. I am the same way about dirt. Especially on floors. Holy heck, nothing bothers me more than dirty floors! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's probably a good idea that ou were cleaning the shower every time--you don't want to get all the chemicals and paint stuff on your feet and then track it through the rest of the house. And it's so exciting to finish up some home prjects that make the house more "you"!

    ReplyDelete