Friday, July 26, 2013

My Experience With the Royal Family

In light of the recent royal baby news, I thought I'd share some tidbits from my trip to jolly old England and my run-in with the royals.
From Left to Right: Prince Charming William (waving at me and my camera), Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, The Queen  
 The summer between my junior and senior years of college I went on a trip to England. The trip was for a British Romanticism class at a nearby college. Each of us on the trip had to choose one author/poet and write a paper before the trip. During the trip we had to present our papers to the group. I chose Byron. We spent about half the time up north in the Lake District visiting spots that had to do with our authors (I think that's a post for another time) and then headed down to London. 

We had a few things planned while we were there (like crossing "see Les Miserables" off my bucket list), but found out that we would be there for the Trooping the Colors celebration. I'm not from England and will not pretend to have extensive knowledge on the subject but this is the official celebration of the British sovereign. The queen processes down the mall and does an inspection of the troops.

It begins at 10, but when we got there at 8:30 the whole mall was pretty packed. Somehow we ended up with really great spots. Even though we all got split up, all of the girls managed to find each other at the end and compare royalty photos.

Unplanned excursions like this are the best kind.
Xo Steph






No comments:

Post a Comment