Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday Social

Sunday Social


1. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? 
If you know me, you know I love food and this is a difficult question to answer. I'm going to go with macaroni and cheese. The tasty, homemade, gooey, extra cheesy kind. 


2. What's your guilty pleasure/comfort food? Ice cream, of course. 


3. What's the weirdest/craziest thing you've ever eaten? I don't really eat a lot of weird things. I guess the most interesting combination lately has been nacho cheese Doritos and cottage cheese. 


4. What foods do you avoid at all costs? I can't really avoid them because everyone cooks with them and they're in almost everything, but I hate onions. 


5. What meal reminds you of your childhood? My family has always been into hunting. We ate a lot of venison, and my mom always made this dish with chopped venison in a mushroom gravy over mashed potatoes. So good. 


6. Share one of your favorite recipes and the story behind it. This Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe is one of my favorite things to cook. It doesn't have much of a big story behind it, except that my roommate in Florida and I cooked it together quite a few times. When I lived there I didn't do a whole lot of cooking; my half of the pantry was only filled with a few essentials and most of my meals consisted of a store-bought salad or buttered noodles. Rachel loved to cook and was a really good teacher. She showed me how to make this so I could have at least one meal in my arsenal to cook for Justin when we got married. It takes forever and the first time I made it on my own was a disaster, but it's delicious and is better than takeout. 

Thanks, Sunday Social, for making me want to go eat everything that's bad for me.
Xo Steph

6 comments:

  1. Stopping over from Sunday Social :) The nacho cheese doritos and cottage cheese is an interesting combination! I don't know if I could do that haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower! I mix cottage cheese and applesauce (and occasionally mix in baked beans). The Doritos would be an interesting flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't the Sweet and Sour Chicken delicious. I LOVE it!! It was the first meal that I haven't messed it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doritos and cottage cheese sound interesting. It actually reminds me of when I was a kid and I ate Salsa Verde Doritos and honey mustard. Weird I know! New follower from the Sunday Social. If you get a chance stop on over and say hi! www.gildedsunflower.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Doritos and cottage cheese! I also like making guacamole with cottage cheese! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know Doritos and cottage cheese was a "thing" but judging by the comments I guess it is! I don't know if I'm quite brave enough to try that! :)

    ReplyDelete