Monday, August 19, 2013

Locked Out

Monday night is Zumba night.

When I got home from work I got ready in record time. I bopped out the door humming the theme song to The Office (this is my new Netflix obsession and I have been watching it in every second of spare time) and locking the door from the inside.

Locking. The door. From the inside. 
mondays
[source]
 My purse, water bottle, and weights were in my hand. My keys were not. My car was locked, and I had no way to drive it anyway. After frantically checking all of the doors, I called Justin. My husband never answers his phone. So I called him again. And again. And a few more times.

Here are some things you can do when you're locked outside in your workout clothes: 
  • Jumping jacks
  • Laps around the house
  • Crunches
  • Anything you can remember from a Zumba routine
Here's what I did: sit at the patio table and talk to a friend on the phone until Justin got home. You know what I did on the way inside the house? I took a sip from my water bottle, whose lid was not on tightly, and spilled it all over me. Then walking up the steps I dropped my phone, scuffing the sides and sending the battery bouncing down the steps.

Now I'm eating ice cream covered with peanut butter melted in the microwave--if you try to tell me that's not delicious, I will fight you--and watching Jim and Pam get engaged.

Sooooo it's been a great start to the week. I hope your Monday is stellar.
Xo Steph

2 comments:

  1. I can't STAND it when my husband doesn't answer his phone, especially when I call back 3 times in a row and he still doesn't pick up. He always seems to "hear it" when it's someone else calling...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man!! At least you did have a phone with you! I've heard so many stories of people getting locked out of their houses....I feel very grateful that our house locks with a deadbolt, so you have to turn the key from the outside, that's the only way to lock it from the outside.

    ReplyDelete