Monday, August 12, 2013

Zumba-piphany and My Beef With Netflix


Tonight I had what was undoubtedly the best workout of my life. It was a zumba-piphany. As inadequate as my hip rolling skills might be, Zumba is one of my favorite workouts. Music just gets me pumped. I can't get in to workout dvd's or classes where I can't hear anything but the leader telling me what to do. When I run by myself I need to have my earbuds in my ears and the music up loud. The woman who leads our Zumba class talks as little as possible during it and cranks the music up.

 I'm kind of in love with this jam, thanks to Zumba. 
                                      
I don't know what it was about tonight, but I jumped higher, lunged deeper, and punched harder. Even after a rigorous hour of shakin' it, I have so much energy. Enough to write a blog post and catch up on my bloglovin' feed! Now I'm parked on the couch watching NCIS with Justin. Which brings me to my next point. 

At first I thought getting rid of cable was going to be very difficult. But then we got Netflix, and I was obsessed. No commercials, no getting up to switch dvds, instant queue...it was love at first show. 
Funny Photos of I don't always watch Netflix, but when I do
[source]
 I watched Revenge in a weekend. I was so excited to finally catch up on Grey's, and am chugging right along re-watching The Office. And then they end. I realize this is no fault of Netflix, but why do I have to wait so long between seasons?? By the time season two of Revenge is available I'll have to watch season one all over again to remember what happened. 

You guys. Justin and I just made a deal. He really likes to drink scotch and it's not cheap, so I give him crap about buying it. He said "How about this? Whatever I spend on a bottle of scotch, you can spend at Sephora" Ummmmm....deal.  

That's all, folks. I'm going to load up my shopping cart. 
Xo Steph

2 comments:

  1. HAHA - Sephora vs. scotch? SWEET deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I couldn't stop laughing at that NETFLIX joke! It's SO TRUE!
    Happened to me with Lipstick Jungle! Watch a marathin of episodes and then see it was cancelled and ended abruptly!

    Love your blog!
    Thanks for stopping by mine earlier too :)

    Heidi | TheInsideOutBeauty.com Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete