Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Raw Chicken and Other Irrational Fears

I've mentioned before that I hate cooking meat. Especially chicken. I love to eat it, but am not a fan of slimy, goopy rawness. The other day on my lunch break I came home to put supper together in the slow cooker; I spent maybe 20 minutes assembling it and the other 40 or so scrubbing every surface of kitchen I came in contact with and washing my hands 900 times. Germs!!! 
GERMS
[source]
                                            
On that note, I thought I'd share a list of other ridiculous things that freak me the eff out.

Popsicle sticks. Yep, really. The feeling of the stick on my tongue and teeth...omigod  (I feel like there's a "that's what she said" in there somewhere). I don't like to touch them, and I don't like to taste them.

The sound of eating carrots and other hard crunchy food. My students have baby carrots for snack a lot. I'm all for healthy snacks and chomping on vegetables, but hearing their tiny teeth gnaw off a piece of carrot sets my teeth on edge. 

Public bathrooms. We've already established that I'm a germ-a-phobe. Germ-o-phobe? Never ever will I ever sit my tushy on a public toilet seat. I'll squat my hiney over the seat as a last resort...but I'd rather cross my legs and hold it til I get home, thanks. 

Phone calls from unknown numbers. Maybe this is just from watching too many horror movies or Pretty Little Liars. If I don't recognize a phone number, I don't answer it. Someone is obviously hunting me down. 

Belly buttons. I just think they are weird, ok? 

Now that I've shared some of my crazy with you, tell me what weird things bother you. Let me know I'm not alone in this. 

Xo Steph

 

 



4 comments:

  1. Haha...I don't like cooking OR eating meat. So I don't...solves that problem right away! ;)

    I cannot STAND listening to people chew, either. So of course I married one of the loudest chewers on the entire planet. I swear he makes Jello loud somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belly buttons are pretty weird. They're serve no purpose but to collect lint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The phrase"their tiny teeth gnawing" cracked me up!I am picturing you teaching a whole classroom of hamsters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHA.
    OMG i'm in love with your irrational fears.

    ReplyDelete