Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sleepovers and Skirtember

Justin and I decided not to make any big end-of-summer Labor day plans and just enjoy the extra day off.

Friday night we had dinner with some friends who have a new baby, and oh my goodness, she is adorable! Saturday was a beautiful day to not set an alarm and sleep until I couldn't sleep anymore. We decided on a whim that we wanted to repaint the upstairs bathroom, so we picked out some paint colors and started ripping wallpaper border. Of course we ended up with some drywall that had to be replaced and it is turning into a much bigger project than planned. We still haven't gotten to the painting.
Funny Labor Day Ecard: This Labor Day try not to think about how your next holiday isn't until Thanksgiving.
[source]


Sunday we had friends over for a cookout and game night and a beverage dispenser full of Old Fashioned's. Since neither of us had anything to do the next morning they stayed overnight. We cooked up a big breakfast complete with mimosas the next morning and had a euchre marathon which Emily and I dominated.


We also did some shopping and enjoyed our first pumpkin spice lattes of the season. I spent most of Monday afternoon at school rearranging and organizing my classroom. It was an awesome weekend, and thanks to our shopping trip I am prepared to face Kristin's Skirtember challenge!!
My shirt matching the wall color is merely a coincidence. This was the best lighting and background.
 Xo Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment