Thursday, September 12, 2013

things i hate myself for doing

This morning I was in the car on the way to work and found myself singing along with the radio. I do this a lot, so that's not the surprising part.

You held me down
But I got up
I'm already brushing off the dust.

Katy. Freaking. Perry. Roar. 99% of the time I change the station the second I hear a Katy Perry song come on. I just can't stand her. I listened to the whole thing. And sang along. And then wanted to punch myself in the face. I hate....hate to admit, but I like this song.

There are a few other things that I hate to admit about myself. Such as:
I peel off nail polish like it's a sport. Why WHY do I do this?! It's so rare that I paint my nails in the first place. Once I do, it takes roughly a day before I start picking at it. The acrylic nails were nice for this because I physically couldn't pick them off. I think that's the real reason I stopped getting them. 
I fall asleep on my iPad 5 out of 7 nights of the week. Usually when I go upstairs to bed, I can't fall asleep right away. After 20 minutes or so of reading tweets I fall asleep and my iPad falls on my face. Or I roll on top of it. Or Justin lays on it, which really ticks him off. Can't stop, won't stop.

I let laundry pile up until it's taller than me. By the time I have the motivation or energy to do a load of laundry, my closet is bare. Once I actually do the laundry, I let the clean laundry pile up until it's time to do laundry again. Ok, I don't always hate myself for this one. Only when I'm wearing the last two socks in my drawer that don't match.

I binge watch tv shows.  Steph and I were just talking about this. I start a show and watch non stop until it's over. Then I'm left a wreck trying to find a new show. Trying to find new shows is like trying to make new friends when you're a grownup.

Any bad habits or guilty pleasures you hate to admit??
Xo Steph

4 comments:

  1. Tonight I have finished The Sopranos. 12 days, 47 episodes. I feel like I just got out of a self-imposed jail. It was totally my night time job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually start peeling off my nail polish till its chipped already, but then I do it seriously, because I hate the smell of nail polish remover! I haven't even heard "Roar" yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty good about keeping the laundry clean, but put away? No. I fold it and then leave it in an enormous mountain of a pile in my room and just choose my outfits out of the pile until my drawers are completely empty. It's charming really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really bad about the TV too. It's pretty embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete