Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Crazy Random Happenstance

Apparently I found my life's calling. They are putting together a promotional video for the childcare center and church that I work for. Today, with zero notice, they asked me to try reading the voice-over script. And I was all...
[source]
So we went into the conference room and I looked over the script (on his phone because it never got printed..) quickly then started recording.

Movie Guy: "Wow. You really knocked it out of the park. I'm going to have you do it one more time just so I can adjust a mic level. But seriously, you have a gift."

So I read it again. 

Movie Guy: "Really awesome. You have the voice for this. You knocked it out of the park." (he said that three or four more times) "Now I want you to read (other person from the church video)'s part and just see how it goes".

So I read the other script.

Movie Guy: "Perfect. We don't even need to run it again. I'm so glad they recommended you for this." and...you guessed it... "You really knocked it out of the park".

And as I'm getting ready to leave..

Movie Guy: "I'm going to leave a card with you. Also, if you're interested I'd love to get in touch with you again about doing some more voice work on another project my company is working on". 

So then I was all...
[source]
 In other news, my phone stopped working. I've had it too long for it to be covered by warranty but not long enough for me to be eligible for a new phone. So now I've got Justin's old phone reactivated until I can get a new one.

And I joined a gym. Planet Fitness. The first time I went, I ran in to my pastor. #sweaty #awkward  Later on in the week I stepped on a machine that I didn't really know how to use...because I thought it was something different. Did I just step down? Oh, no. Obviously I stayed on and faked it for 5ish minutes and hoped people thought it was my "warm up".

And our church is getting a new grand piano. They are having a concert to showcase it and they asked me to play for it.

 And....that's all I've got. It's been an interesting couple of days. One ticket to the weekend, please.
Xo Steph

 






3 comments:

  1. That's awesome about the voice over thing. You clearly have a voice for radio out maybe even epic movie trailers.

    And the gym thing? I do that all the time. It's so awkward. Especially when healthy people are watching. Seriously, why do so many things mascarade as ellipticals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! You basically just got discovered...can I have your autograph now so when you're rich and famous I can say I knew you back then?

    I have done that gym-machine-thing before, too. Namely, the first time I ever used an elliptical and thought it looked so easy to just hop on and use it. BIG mistake. It took years for me to try again and I still don't like them. Treadmills are just better. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's sooo cool! many of the men in my family have been djs, done voice over stuff, but i don't have "that" kind of voice. I think that's awesome!! do ittttt.

    ReplyDelete