Friday, December 13, 2013

Late to the Linkup

Here I am, coming late to the party. But partying nonetheless.
The Vintage Modern Wife & Brunch with Amber: Happies and Crappies Link Up
Crappies
-I forgot to write and schedule this post ahead of time, thus the late arrival.

-We could not go outside 4 out of 5 days this week because of the wind chill. A room full of two year olds who have been cooped up all day is not fun. 

-I've been having crazy messed up dreams this week. Like...dreams that wake me up in the middle of the night and haunt my thoughts all day long. 

-I've procrastinated baking for the cookie exchange as long as I possibly could, now I have to stay up tonight and make them. :-\

Happies
-Vodka tonic. Delicious, satisfying, and makes me feel a little bit classy....as I sip it out of a plastic flower cup in my sweat pants on the couch.

-We got to go outside today, finally. I never thought I would be so excited to go stand in the snow.

-All of my students were gone by 4 today. Which means I was gone by 4:15! 

-Last night I went to bed at 8:30. Now, I didn't fall asleep until closer to 9:30, but the fact that I was able to be in my jammies and in laying in bed with my book was glorious. Yeah...I'm super exciting. 

-Cookie exchange! Even though I'm a little miffed that I put off baking so long, I'm really excited to go hang out with friends tomorrow! And eat cookies. I'm making these peanut butter blossoms. YUM! 

What is your favorite holiday cookie?? 
Xo Steph

2 comments:

  1. i'm all about sugar cookies with sprinkles. but pretty much any cookie makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo to cold weather! I live in Texas so I don't experience crappy weather that often. But, I was in Minnesota this past week and it was a WARM -22 degrees... I thought I was going to get frost bite walking from the car to the house.

    Vodka tonics are totallllllll happies!

    ReplyDelete