Monday, December 9, 2013

The Things You Hear at Daycare.

When you work in childcare, there is no telling what you might hear on a daily basis. Sometimes you want to cry, sometimes you want to laugh, and sometimes you just blog about it. Here are some of my favorites:


One afternoon a student was in the bathroom. I heard some loud, thundering flatulence. While I'm trying to hold in my laughter, the child says "Dephanie! I got a thousand poops!" ...and a thousand poops it was..
source


This discussion happened at lunch time. They were talking about babies. "One time I turned into a baby like myself. Then my mom put me in her belly, and that's when I was born".

The girls really like to play house. And be in charge. This happened on the playground one day. "My name is going to be 'Mommy' and your name is going to be 'Sweetie'. Now let's go".

We were making bead bracelets one afternoon. I picked up some string and said I wanted to make one too. With a very advanced sarcastic tone, a child replied "Oh yeah. That'd be cute". 

Coloring is always a big hit. When I asked what this child to tell me about the picture, he said "It's a snake. He's crawling in the grass. Sometimes I pee in the grass".

Child is sitting on the potty for a few minutes when he says "I thought I had to poop, but I guess I only have farts".

I feel like there might be more of these posts in the future.
Xo Steph

4 comments:

  1. "One time I turned into a baby like myself. Then my mom put me in her belly, and that's when I was born." LOL!! Kids say the most hilarious things. Reminds me of one time when I was babysitting these 2 little girls, probably age 4 and 6 at the time, and the 6 year old goes, "When I was born I came out of my mommy's tummy!" And the 4 year old immediately shouted, "Well *I* came out of my *DADDY'S* tummy!!!!" I couldn't help but laugh, it was so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I loved these! I think I would be cracking up all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the conversations kids have with each other! I worked in a daycare for a few months and they would talk about the funniest things. And they're always incredibly blunt about things in their life. There are no secrets, haha.

    ReplyDelete