Sunday, January 5, 2014

Things I've Been Doing Instead of Blogging

I am not making excuses for why I haven't been blogging. Nor will I apologize for being away for so long. In order to have an interesting blog, you have to live life in order to have something to blog about. This is what I've been up to.

Visiting my family. This is the main reason I've been so absent from my blog. I stayed away from recapping, blogging, and even most of my reading while I was with them. I wanted to soak up every second of the friends and family that I get to see so rarely.

Eating. All of the holiday treats and parties have not been kind to me. Or rather I have not been kind to myself, and all of the Christmas cookies that I ate are coming back with a flabby vengeance.

Trying to knit. I've crocheted for years, but have never gotten the hang of knitting. I got a crap ton of new yarn for Christmas and I'm determined to learn. Yesterday I ripped these stitches out and restarted them more times than I could count. 


Reading. It's about time, right? I needed something to do in the car on the trip to my parents' house so I re-read Mockingjay and have just started Dragonfly in Amber (from the Outlander series. SO GOOD!). 


Nothing-ness. Saturday I was able to sleep in, which was great. I was moving pretty slowly when I got up and after I dragged my butt to the gym for a little while, the only thing I felt like doing was going back to bed. I crawled back into my pajamas and we spent the day watching movies on the couch. After feeling bad about it for roughly 0.5 seconds, I realized it has been so long since we have had nothing to do and nowhere to go, so I embraced it. 


Making chili. Chili is one of my comfort foods. It always reminds me of home...my dad makes the best chili. Justin doesn't like chili, so tonight we each made our own soups to freeze and have on hand for those nights we don't get to eat together.


I hope the new year is off to a great start for all of you. How have you spent the first days of 2014?
Xo Steph

1 comment:

  1. i started crocheting over the holidays and after eleventy billion retries and screaming and frustration, i finally got the hang of it!! how different is knitting? i tried that before crochet, figured it was too hard and made the switch..but now that i'm good with crochet, i want to tackle knitting. which one do you like?

    ReplyDelete