Monday, May 12, 2014

An Opera, a Cop, and a Raccoon

Is there anything better than a half-day of work on a Monday? Probably, but work with me here. I mean...the morning flew by and now I'm done for the day, sitting on the couch eating lunch, listening to the rain and thunder outside. I love thunderstorms!

Did the title of this post grab your attention? Good. Those words were not randomly chosen to lure you to my page, but actually sum up my weekend. Are you ready for this?

Five years or so ago, Justin and I went to the opera on our first date; we got free tickets from someone Justin worked with and it was a great time! Friday night Justin organized a trip down to the opera and I went along. It was so much fun (even spending 4 hours in a school bus with a bunch of high schoolers was not so bad)!
The pic on the left where Justin looks like a baby is from our first date. The right was this weekend.

Saturday we went to the bike shop and bought Justin a bicycle. When we got home I decided take my bike for a ride and found a route that only took me ten minutes to get to work! After my bike ride we baked up some strawberry rhubarb cobbler that was so freaking delicious and went to have dinner with some friends. We had our first fire of the season and had a great time!

We went down to Justin's parents' house Sunday after church. We were surprised to find out that it was a big party with the whole family there. It was starting to storm and one of the kids ran inside and said "There's a raccoon stuck in the drain on the side of the road!" Of course we all ran out to see it, and there was in fact a huge raccoon with half of his fat belly squeezed in the grate. My father-in-law called the village and about five minutes later a police car showed up.

An officer got out of the car with some kind of lasso thing to pull the raccoon up. As soon as she got over by the raccoon, the stupid thing woke up, looked at everyone crowded around staring at him, turned around and crawled down into the drain. At which point the crowd of neighbors, peeking from their windows and driveways at the police car in the middle of their road, went back into their homes because the damn thing was not stuck at all; just sleeping.

There's never a dull moment in this family, I tell you. I hope you had a great weekend and a great Mother's day!
Xo Steph

2 comments:

  1. poor raccoon can't even have a nap haha

    Glad you had a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The raccoon was probably like dudes...trying to sleep.

    ReplyDelete