Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Birthday Week + About Me

Today's birthday week post is 25 random facts you probably don't know about me.
I'm ashamed to admit how long it took me to write this post. I blame it on Gossip Girl. And putting it off until the last minute. Which brings me to my first point...

1. I am a terrible procrastinator. I am great at starting projects (especially when it comes to crocheting and cleaning), but then I get an idea for another project and have trouble finishing the first one.

2. I over-think things a lot. Therefore trying to come up with 25 interesting facts about me is incredibly challenging.

3. Playing piano/organ relaxes me. But playing in front of people terrifies me.

4. I hate driving. Especially by myself, on long distances, at night, or pretty much anywhere ever.

5. I don't watch the news, talk about politics, or get in to discussions/arguments about current events.

6. I wash my hands compulsively. Working in child care does not help the situation. I just have a paranoia about germs on my hands.

7. Questions like "What is your favorite....?" give me anxiety because I can never just pick one thing.

8. I hate wearing my hair down. I have a hair tie with me at all times, because on the rare occasion that I do wear my hair down it only lasts about 10 minutes before it's driving me crazy.

9. Most nights I sleep with the television on. I can't shut my brain off so I turn on a show and zone out until I fall asleep.

10. I really don't like shopping. I'm cheap, and when I finally find something I think I'm going to buy, I end up talking myself out of it 90% of the time.

11. Water freaks me out. When I lived in Florida I couldn't go in the ocean past my knees because I was so afraid I'd suddenly not be able to touch the bottom and be whisked too far from shore to swim back.

12. Small talk makes me uncomfortable. If I don't have something to talk to you about, I probably won't talk. Maybe this makes me a bad person, I just don't want to get caught up in talking with someone about something neither of us really care about.

13. Change scares me. I always think about how fun and exciting it would be to move somewhere far away, or suddenly switch careers, or dye my hair...I chicken out because I'm afraid of regretting my decision.

14. I'm not a night owl. I hate making plans on weeknights because I'm almost always in bed by 10.

15. I took four years of Latin in high school, because I enjoyed it. Sometimes I regret not taking Spanish or German.

16. Also in high school, I was the equipment manager for the football team. I filled water bottles, fixed helmets, and cleaned cuts and scrapes for all four years.

17. I like to binge-watch tv shows. I'd rather wait until a show is on Netflix or dvd and watch it all right away. But then I get sad when it's over.

18. I don't like breakfast food. I like to eat breakfast in the morning, but I would rather have something quick like a granola bar or cereal.

19. I like cooking. I'm not great at it, but I make a damn good lasagna.

20. I am ridiculously pale. I burn and freckle, as red heads do, and I never ever tan.

21. If I could, I would wear flip flops all year round. All day, every day.

22. I shower at night instead of in the morning. Sometimes so I can let my hair air dry, but mostly so I can sleep longer in the morning.

23. I love to play word games like Scrabble, word scrambles, and crossword puzzles.

24. When I was a junior in college I went on a trip to England, and I have wanted to go back ever since.

25. I sing in the shower. And the car. And when I'm getting ready in the morning. And in the living room when no one is around.

Xo Steph


5 comments:

  1. I need to start showering at night. I hate getting up in the morning.

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely hate driving--I avoid it as much as humanly possible. Happy birthday to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to #3. I love playing the piano (even if I can't remember ANY of the pieces I used to play all the time). I get so nervous when people (like my parents) walk in the room to hear me play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOOOOOVE binge watching shows!! my latest binge watching: hannibal. i finished 2 seasons in like, 4 days :)

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! I still have yet to get into Gossip Girl. I keep deciding not to watch it because I know I'll get sucked in and have to binge watch it for multiple days..

    Latin would be fun to learn! I wish I learned something besides Spanish. It's useful, but not as exciting.

    Word games are the best!!! Our favorite is definitely Boggle.

    ReplyDelete