If you haven't gathered, I have today off. Knowing that I am at home on a weekday and that my weekend got a head start is bringing me such satisfaction. I've made a list of things I want/need to do today so that I don't end up wasting this glorious day. So far I've gotten through: Sleep in past 6 (I slept until 6:30, browsed facebook on my phone, and went back to sleep until 8) and catch up on blog reading. Here are a couple of other things on my list for the day:
1. Bake. I don't know what I want to bake yet. I'm taking a break from pouring over cookbooks. Of course before I can start baking I will need to clean the kitchen and go to the grocery store. Ughhh.
2. Give myself a manicure. My mom and I got manicures when she visited last weekend. Yesterday one of my manicured nails started chipping so I devoted the next several minutes picking the polish off. Today I'm going to start fresh with one of the new Essie polishes I got for my birthday.
3. Clean the showers. I'm honestly kind of excited about this. I can't handle when our bathrooms are dirty (I can't handle any bathroom that is dirty, actually) and I'm glad to have the time to really deep clean. Is this some kind of crazy? I don't care.
4. Burn candles. I don't know. Something about having candles burning makes everything feel really fresh and relaxed. I also just bought a new candle that I love and can't wait to spend the whole day with that scent. Again...crazy? Maybe.
|Tangerine & Olive Philosophie by Pure Natural|
5. Play organ for fun. This weekend is the first in a while that I don't have to go play organ/piano at any church service. Usually I spend the few days before the service cramming in practice sessions. I got some
Of course I would also like to clean other areas of my house, do some school planning for next week, and get to the bank and grocery store. But hey. One thing at a time. Justin said "It's your day off. Just relax. Don't worry about the house. You should bake though. Make sure you get that done." ...ain't he sweet?