Thursday, August 14, 2014

Stuff & Things

Today I made a pie crust by myself for the first time. Even though I got flour all over the kitchen and threw away the first batch of dough, it ended up looking pretty good. 
The crust is from Taste of Home and there is canned apple filling that my grandma made inside! 

After baking and cleaning up, I sat down to write this post. But right after I sat down, this little monster climbed in my lap and fell asleep. 

 Last weekend we went camping and I enjoyed it. It was actually really nice being away from internet, social media, and texting all weekend. We stayed up late around a campfire, played a bags tournament (I guess most people call it Corn hole...we just call it bags)(and found out that I'm kind of awesome at it), and went dancing one night when the campground had a DJ.

One more week of summer until school starts and I'm freaking out. I have copies made for the first week, my cubbies are labeled and my desk is organized. I'm nervous and scared and excited. But mostly nervous.  

My new/rediscovered favorite music is the Hairspray movie soundtrack that I found in the glove box of my car. I've been singing the crap out of it on my commutes to and from school. 

My brother-in-law and his girlfriend got us hooked on this game, Hay Day. It's pretty much just like Farmville, and I hate myself for playing it. Justin and I spent an entire evening on the couch playing it and selling farm stuff to each other. 

When we got home from camping Sunday we were both crashed in the living room when someone knocked on the door. There was no hiding, because the front door was wide open and the living room is in direct view. The lady said she used to live here growing up and it would mean so much to her to take a look inside. We walked her through the house and she told us all of the things her dad built/changed/fixed, the names of all of the neighbors who used to live around here, and lots of stories from her childhood. It was kind of weird having a stranger walk through our house, but kind of neat to hear some of the history. 

There really wasn't any structure to this post, but thanks for reading it anyway. I just wanted to join Kristin's Stuff & Things link-up. You should too! 

Xo Steph

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes the random, rambley posts are the best :)

    I had literally never heard the term "corn hole" until a few years ago. Growing up we always called it bean bag toss.

    I'm going to look up Hay Day. Because I really need another iPhone game to be addicted to...haha. Have you played 2048 yet?? DON'T. I mean, do, but be prepared to become obsessed with beating it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy these kinds of posts! Thanks for sharing. I bet that was kind of weird having a stranger walk through your house, but at the same time, I always think it would be neat if I could go look around my old childhood home where strangers now live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love random posts.

    Camping sounds like fun!

    I hate the term corn hole, bags is much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's the beauty of stuff and things…no rhyme or reason!

    Glad you're ready for school!

    ReplyDelete