Thursday, October 23, 2014

Meanwhile...

I'm going to skip over the excuses about why I haven't been blogging, and spare you the "I promise I will do better"'s (because I probably won't) and leave you with the cold hard facts: I haven't blogged in two months.

I've got a couple of barely started unfinished drafts sitting in my post list, and my bloglovin' feed has over 80 unread posts. But as the modern white girl would say, I just "couldn't even"...with blogging.

Here's some stuff: 

-I'm writing this post at school *gasp*. My school is a unique situation. I teach PreK-K in the morning, and just K in the afternoon. Today my Kinders went on a field trip with the upper grades and my PreK left an hour ago. So I'm taking a breather after some planning and copying to eat lunch and listen to music that isn't performed by Dr. Jean or Laurie Berkner.

-My mom and grandma are coming to visit next week. I am SO excited. I invited my aunt and cousin to come too but then we decided that would be too much estrogen in the house for Justin to handle (see also: they couldn't get out of work).

-Between playing keyboard, handbells, and singing in choir at church I am booked every weekend  until Christmas. Sheesh.

-I've become a single woman again. Calm down. Justin and I are still married. He just spends the majority of his time on the musical he's directing so we don't see each other all that often these days.

And some things:

-On Tuesday my after school care supervisor quit. She is finishing out the week, meaning I have to find someone new by Monday. Yikes.

-We're going to the opera tomorrow. Justin organized a trip for students and I get to tag along. It's fun to dress up and pretend I'm classy for the night.

-I just finished the most delicious bowl of soup. I love soup in the fall/winter. There's nothing more cozy to me than a big pot of soup on the stove making everything warm and delicious. This weekend I made The Pioneer Woman's "Perfect Potato Soup" and it was delicious. I highly recommend it.

And some fun PreK quotes: 
"Mrs. L, is that you?! You look so different!" ...The day the kids sang in church, I wore a dress and my hair down. Apparently I need to put in more effort during the week.

"This year for halloween I'm going to be a vampire. Next year I'm going to be God, and after that I'll be Jesus" ....I can't wait to see these costumes.

"I want to tell you a fact. My grandpa said 'Never pee in the wind'. That's a fact". ...??




Kristin's Knook

1 comment:

  1. I am literally LOL'ing at the "pee in the wind" comment. That is awesome.

    Goodness, booked every weekend until Christmas!? That is MY ideal "I can't even..." situation.

    I've been making a huge pot of soup almost every weekend and we've been eating soup for dinner almost every single night. 'Tis the season, as they say!!!

    ReplyDelete