Sunday, October 26, 2014

Weekending

Friday afternoon I was home by 3:30. That's the first time all school year that has happened, and I don't anticipate it happening very often. Justin's school organized another trip to the opera and I went along.

I don't have a ton of opera knowledge by any means, but of the three I've seen this was my favorite. The story was very interesting (The Flying Dutchman by Wagner), the set and lights were fantastic, and of course the music was great. It was also nice to get dressed up for a night and go out with my husband (along with two other couples and 18 students).

Saturday I went to Party In Pink Zumbathon. It was two hours of Zumba, door prizes, a raffle, and great fun with all of the proceeds going toward the Zumba Global Research Grant for Breast Cancer Prevention. It was a great turn out and a ton of fun. If I weren't so sore and tired, I'd be kicking myself for not taking pictures. After a quick shower we headed down to go to church and have dinner with Justin's parents and brother, who is home from college for a visit. 

Sundays are just rough. Something about knowing that the weekend is over and it's back to work in the morning make it really hard to be productive. After being at church at 7:15 to play hand bells, I took a nap on the couch. We finished re-watching the last season of How I Met Your Mother, and I still hate it. 

Trick-Or-Treat in our town was this afternoon. We had a decent turn out and thankfully there isn't much candy left to tempt me. Jethro stood guard and watched the trick-or-treaters. They seemed to enjoy him too. 


What did you do this weekend?

Xo Steph

4 comments:

  1. The opera sounds like so much fun! Looks like you guys had a good time. "The Flying Dutchman" just makes me think of Pirates of the Caribbean...haha.

    Trick or treating is early in your town! Ours is on Halloween. We live almost all the way at the end of the road though, and have never gotten a single trick-or-treater. The few kids that live in our area all get driven into town, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to the opera. It's on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a great weekend! Getting dressed up for date night is so fun. Also, I agree with your opinion on the last season of HIMYM....

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have never been to the opera but i do hope to take my daughter to the nutcracker opera that comes every year :)

    ReplyDelete