Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Stuff & Things

I was pumped when I checked my bloglovin feed this morning and saw this linkup happening today. I always end up missing it during the week, no matter how hard I try to remember!

-So. How was your Christmas? Mine was nice. It's good to be home with my parents.

-It was the first Christmas without my grandpa. Instead of going to my grandparents' farmhouse, where we've gone since I was little, we went to my grandma's new condo. We didn't sit behind him in church, or crowd around his chair for a photo, or listen to him laugh when he won at cards. But we did share stories, look at old pictures, and hold on to the memories we have.

Phew. Happy times.

-Let's talk about holiday eating. Hmph. The first day we were here, my grandma enlisted us to come help frost all of the cookies she baked. As grandma's do, she started pushing food at us the second we walked in. Both Christmas Eve and Christmas day included delicious, home-cooked feasts and leftovers that will haunt and tempt me for the remainder of this vacation.

-Presents are cool. My family loves to give gifts. Both Justin and I got a lot of really nice things and are very thankful. This is one of the gifts I'm most excited about!

Photo from Amazon.com



-Why is there never enough time?! I love coming back to my parents' house, but I hate that there's never enough time to see everyone I want to see or spend enough time with everyone. Leaving to go home is always rough.

I hope you had a good Christmas, and enjoy the rest of 2014!
Xo Steph

5 comments:

  1. The first Christmas without a loved one is always very tough, but I'm glad you managed to enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first Christmas after you lose a loved one is so hard. The memories get you through. I'm glad you guys could gather and be merry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the reasons why we didn't go home for Christmas is because, you're right, there's NEVER enough time to see everyone. I'm glad you got to spend time with your family though!

    And yay for making the link-up! Glad to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my I'm sooo done with holiday eating! I keep telling myself once Jan 1st is here, I'm done until the next holidays, ha!

    Stopping by from the link-up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about your first holiday without your grandfather. I understand how hard it is to miss someone especially through the holidays. I'm glad you all had each other and were able to keep his spirit alive through stories. I'm with you on the no time thing. I feel like there are always so many things I want to do and people I want to see when I'm back in my hometown but I NEVER have the time. Sigh. Glad you had a nice christmas and thanks for linking up! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete