Thursday, September 1, 2016

So This is Happening...

Is it even worth it to mention that I planned on blogging more frequently this summer? Maybe not.

Being pregnant following a loss is a very interesting thing. While I am filled with excitement, joy, and thanks I can't help but feel the nerves, fear, and anxiety of 'what-ifs'. It also breaks my heart that our baby in heaven will not get to know this little one, and the other way around.

But here we are, almost through the thirteenth week. I had a fun few weeks of vomiting if I didn't eat at regular intervals and hungry = nauseated. Then I would try eating and food repulsed me. I seem to be easing out of that (see: hungry all the time), but I still need to be kept away from all of the grilled chicken or I will gag.

There have been lots of irrational tears brought on by hormones. Example: A few days ago we had friends over and I was putting together a nacho bar for dinner. I made the taco meat ahead of time and was going to heat it up in the crock pot. I took the pot out of the crock pot to wipe it off, set it on the table, and poured all of the taco meat into the well of the crock pot. Then there were tears. This is also an example of pregnancy brain.
Source
While I was on my summer schedule I took full advantage of comfy clothes all day long. I finally bit the bullet and bought some maternity pants for teaching because pants with buttons are torture right now.

Naps are another thing I enjoyed over the summer. I've never been much of a nap person but this is a whole new kind of tired. Now add in school and take my naps away? It's been rough. I have been told that my energy would come back sometime during the second trimester. I'm ready for that step now, please.

Now, please excuse me while I go inhale the pizza and brownies that Justin ordered for dinner.





7 comments:

  1. Hey! Look at us both back blogging! I was going to also blog more this summer but I decided to come back now instead! I may have been writing posts but they are now scheduled for later! I feel rather accomplished! haha

    Congrats on the pregnancy! I love a good nap and I'm not pregnant! haha Hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!
    I agree with Brittany up there...school has DRAINED me too and I don't even have a real excuse lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! This makes me so happy! Congratulations, you guys!

    Hopefully the first trimester wasn't too hard on you, but good timing getting it out of the way over the holidays.

    When are you due? Beginning of March?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! This makes me so happy! Congratulations, you guys!

    Hopefully the first trimester wasn't too hard on you, but good timing getting it out of the way over the holidays.

    When are you due? Beginning of March?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! I would have cried over pouring taco meat into the wrong part of the crock pot, too, and I'm not pregnant. At least you have an excuse. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! I hope your energy comes back soon! That's such a bummer about the taco meat. I totally would have cried too!

    ReplyDelete