Thursday, September 22, 2016

Some Stuff, Some Things

Wednesday: 1 Steph: 0

There is a mouse in our house. Tuesday night Jethro was patrolling the kitchen and watching behind the stove for a while and I thought something was up. So naturally I shut myself upstairs and texted Justin to check out the situation when he got home. He verified that yes, he did see a mouse, but Jethro chased it to the basement before he could catch it. So he set up some little (humane) traps and as far as we know it's still at large.

It started storming in the middle of the night last night. Between getting up to pee and being woken up by thunder, not much sleep was had. Around 4:30 a huge flash of lightning woke me up, and I realized that Justin wasn't in bed so of course I couldn't go back to sleep. (He had gone downstairs to shut a window that was left open and check the water situation in the basement) I finally fell asleep again around 5:30...and then my alarm went off at 5:45.

What kind of sick joke is it to pair insomnia with not being able to have caffeine?! All day I wished that I was nestled all snug in my bed, while visions of Mountain Dew danced in my head. Obviously keeping baby healthy is more important than my caffeine fix, but lemmejusttellya. It was rough. 

On this week's episode of "What Madt the Pregnant Lady Cry", we have the song Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue by Toby Keith. What in the actual eff? I hadn't heard that song in years but a few days ago it came on while I was in the car and I was overcome with American pride pregnancy hormones and got all choked up.

I need some new show recommendations if you've got them. I'm cycling through Gilmore Girls again and while I'm okay with the fact that my baby will probably come out singing "Where you lead, I will follow...", I'm ready for something different.

It has been raining on and off all day and is supposed to storm through the night and all day tomorrow. If you need me I'll be curled up on the couch under a pile of blankets watching the Emmys on Hulu hiding from the mouse and mourning the days when I was able to sleep through the night.





4 comments:

  1. I absolutely HATE it when you FINALLY fall asleep...15 minutes before your alarm goes off. RAGE.

    Our favorite shows during fall: Grimm, The Walking Dead, The Blacklist, New Girl, Blue Bloods, Gotham, Luther.

    We definitely have a genre we like, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decaf coffee and chocolate can help with that extra caffeine jolt sans baby guilt. And if you're not into coffee, at least you have chocolate.

    I get emotional every time I hear country music, too, just for different reasons. Mainly because I don't like it.

    Have you seen Delivery Man? It's six episodes of British amazing. You'll love it. I also recommend The Office, Firefly, The 100, and About Time. That last one's a movie but if you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. And have you seen Downton Abbey? I also watched.some Nashville after Parker was born but quit for obvious reasons (too much country). That might be up your alley.

    I would freak out if we had a mouse. Your are a brave soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really recommend Once Upon a Time when you're in the mood to watch a lot of episodes. There's 5 seasons on Netflix. And I second New Girl and Grimm too.
    That Toby Keith song makes me tear up and I'm not hormonal, so....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Anna's comment about The Delivery Man. My husband and I watched it three times because it's so funny.

    When I was pregnant, it was the middle of August and somehow O Holy Night played on my iPod. I SOBBED LIKE A BABY. It was the strangest thing.

    ReplyDelete