Friday, December 30, 2016

The Last One in 2016

Hi! I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing holiday filled with fun, family, and good cheer. 

Friday we left to visit my parents for a few days, so I spent Thursday baking, baking, and baking so that I had something to contribute to the family parties we would be attending. I made these cutout cookies, these peanut butter blossoms (which are a favorite in my family) (they're my favorite too), and these ginger cookies which were new to me but you guys they were so delicious. 

I got lots of knitting done in the car on my hat. This is a great pattern for traveling because 1) it's adorable and I love this yarn, 2) it's small and fit in my purse, and 3) it's mindless...I'm able to work on it while holding a conversation or watching tv without having to pay too much attention to it. Also on the subject of knitting, I joined in the Christmas Eve Cast On, which is just a group of knitters who cast on a pair of socks on Christmas Eve after the craziness of gift knitting and deadlines. After a fun-filled family day I sat down with my yarn after everyone else went to sleep and cast on a pair of socks for my little guy by the light of the Christmas tree. 

Christmas Eve we spent the day with my mom's family playing games, and hanging out and went to church together in the evening. After church we always exchange gifts with my parents. Christmas day we spend with my dad's family opening gifts and spending time together and by evening are all ready to crash. Both days far too much food was consumed, much laughter was shared, and it was great to see family that I don't get to see nearly often enough. 

As if this wasn't enough celebrating, my wonderful family threw us a baby shower. It was quiet and perfect and our little one is already so incredibly blessed. Wednesday morning we packed up our car (which was full to the top) and headed home. 

Tomorrow we will spend the night at home with a couple of friends reflecting on the ups and downs of this past year and welcoming in 2017. Whatever your plans are, I hope you have a great New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great Christmas! That's so fun that they threw you a shower.

    I love that you're making baby socks. I've never knit a pair in my life, but someone gave some knit socks for Parker and they are the most adorable things I have ever seen. Your little guy is going to be decked out.

    ReplyDelete