Thursday, March 2, 2017

Stuff and Things: The Waiting One

I'm on official maternity leave. I anticipated this glorious week of finishing all the household chores, crafty projects, and relaxing.

In reality, it has been ridiculous amounts of Golden Girls and wandering around  the house looking for things to do so I don't sit on the couch going crazy. I've washed a thousand dishes, taken out and washed all of the shelves and drawers of the refrigerator, and folded mountains of laundry...because already the baby laundry never ends.  I've also been getting all kinds of facebook posts, texts, and questions asking if there's "Any baby news yet?!" and it's driving me nuts. I. Will. Tell. You. When. He's. Here.

Last week was hard. I ended up having a doctor's appointment on the due date anniversary of my baby in heaven, and it happened to be the only doctor's appointment that Justin missed. Sitting on the cold table by myself brought back a crazy wave of memories and I ended up crying through the appointment and talking to the doctor about how scared I am for this baby. Praise God that I have a wonderful and caring doctor who kept handing me tissues and talking me down from hysteria.

I had my last appointment yesterday (no tears were shed). Last week I was dilated to 3-4, and yesterday was 4-5. She kept joking "I can't believe you're walking around like this and nothing has happened...you're just not normal". So we she decided that if he doesn't come on his own I will be induced on Wednesday. I'm not crazy about the idea of induction and am still holding out hope that things get started naturally.

Now I'm sitting around waiting for labor signs and over-analyzing every little twinge and cramp wondering if this is "it". Over the course of about a day I have gone from wanting this kid to stay in and cook as long as he needed to (after all, he's not due until Saturday...plenty of time!), to being completely over it and ready. So I'm waiting. And trying hard to practice patience and trust; neither of which are strong points of mine, so I'm really looking forward to this path being straightened out.

YouVersion







Stuff, Things, etc.

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! Already dilated to a 4-5 and nothing has even happened yet! That's actually great...less time you have to spend contracting to get there. I'll definitely say a prayer or five for you to go into labor naturally, as God intended! ;)

    I'm DYING to go on maternity leave already, too. I still have a little while to go, but my intention is to quit (I won't be going back) about two weeks before my due date. In my head it sounds exactly like you said - two weeks full of crafts and cleaning and making freezer meals and general anticipation. In reality I know it's probably going to be a crap ton of Netflix and sitting around waiting. And waiting. And waiting.

    If I were you (because I'm probably not as nice as you) I'd send out a big mass text to everyone saying exactly what you said up there..."FYI, no need to text me every five minutes. I WILL TELL YOU WHEN HE IS HERE."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea your two due dates were so close together. No on one could blame you for having a million feelings.

    Did your doctor sweep your membranes? I feel like being that dilated baby will start falling out soon. Has he dropped? I bet if you get induced it will be pretty quick.

    I'm so excited for you! Clean that floor! Spend some quality time with Justin! Eat some labour cookies! Get a pedicure! Enjoy those final moments of solitude, even if they're agonizing.

    Good luck! I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying everything goes smoothly for you..and maybe he'll be here before the weekend's over?!
    And three cheers for good doctors. They're hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so excited for you, but I'm so sorry for that hard appointment. I would've been sobbing, too. Prayers for a healthy labor and delivery and recovery.

    ReplyDelete